- Greenslopes Private Hospital - Brisbane;
- St Stephen's Private Hospital - Hervey Bay;
- The Wesley Hospital; and,
- The Mater Hospital - Brisbane
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) University of Queensland;
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (General Surgery) (FRACS);
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Vascular Surgery) (FRACS);
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Vascular Surgery;
- Member of Australian Medical Association; and,
- Registered Medical Board of Australia (Specialist).
- Princess Alexandra Hospital - Staff Specialist/VMO;
- St Vincents Hospital Toowoomba - VMO
- St Andrews Hospital Toowoomba - VMO
- The Freeman Hospital Newcastle upon Tyne - Fellow
- St Vincents Hospital Melbourne - Fellow
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney - Fellow
About Dr Steven Gett
Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon
Born and bred in Brisbane, Dr Steven Gett graduated from The University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery in 1990. He then completed his surgical training at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Royal Brisbane Hospital, The Prince Charles Hospital and was awarded his Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in General Surgery in 1999.
Upon completing his fellowship he travelled abroad and trained in Vascular Surgery at The Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne in England; which is a major European centre for Endovascular Surgery. Dr Gett then returned to Australia where he completed his Vascular Surgical training at St Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne and at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney which were both considered to be internationally pioneering centres in the development of minimally invasive Endovascular Surgery. Following which he was then awarded his fellowship in Vascular Surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2002.
Dr Gett then returned to his home town of Brisbane and commenced as a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. Since 2002, he has operated his own private practice at Greenslopes Private Hospital, Wesley Hospital and also at St Stephen’s Private Hospital in Hervey Bay.
Over the years, Dr Gett has enjoyed lending his experience and expertise to the development and training of Australia’s next generation of Surgeons and Vascular Surgeons. He also enjoys teaching the undergraduate medical students of The University of Queensland as well as nursing and allied health students.
Today, Dr Gett also enjoys spending time with his family, working on his farm and undertaking charitable surgery in Samoa.